Your horoscope is determined by the position of the stars and the planets during your birth. You may know what your horoscope looks like. Most calculations are made based on Western astrology. According to Vedic astrology, your horoscope can sometimes look different. Another zodiac sign, moon sign and ascendant. In this blog you can read how this is done.
Vedic astrology and your horoscope
Vedic astrology is based on the position of the stars and planets during your birth. But also according to the timeline and the position of the sun ‘before’ the clock was introduced. This makes your horoscope 23 different from your horoscope according to western astrology. It may be that your zodiac sign (the sign that is in sun) is different because of this. But your moon sign and your ascendant can also differ because of this. In a Vedic astrology consultation, I explain how your chart looks like and what it affects. But also how you can influence this with, for example, yoga and Ayurveda.
Your horoscope and the zodiac
The zodiac are the signs that you see in the sun, moon and the planets. They each explain their own meaning. Western astrology uses the tropical zodiac. In Vedic astrology, they use the sidereal zodiac. The tropical zodiac looks at the position of the earth in relation to the sun and the planets. The sidereal zodiac also takes fixed stars into account.
Zodiac signs by date according to western astrology
- Aries: March 21 to April 19
- Taurus: April 20 to May 20
- Gemini: May 21 to June 20
- Cancer: June 21 to July 22
- Leo: July 23 to August 22
- Virgo: August 23 to September 22
- Libra: September 23 to October 22
- Scorpio: October 23 to November 21
- Sagittarius: November 22 to December 21
- Capricorn: December 22 to January 19
- Aquarius: January 20 to February 18
- Pisces: February 19 to March 20
Zodiac signs by date according to Vedic astrology
- Aries: April 14 to May 14
- Taurus: May 15 to June 14
- Gemini: June 15 to July 14
- Cancer: July 15 to August 14
- Leo: August 15 to September 15
- Virgo: September 16 to October 15
- Libra: October 16 to November 14
- Scorpio: November 15 to December 14
- Sagittarius: December 15 to January 13
- Capricorn: January 14 to February 11
- Aquarius: February 12 to March 12
- Pisces: March 13 to April 13
Is your zodiac sign different from western astrology? And are you curious about your complete birth chart according to Vedic astrology? Book a Vedic astrology consultation with me here. I’ll make a birth chart, with explanation on PDF for you. We then discuss these in a consultation of 1.5 hours, in which you are immediately coached on ways to create balance in your life.
In addition to your zodiac sign being different, the most important sign in Vedic astrology is not your zodiac sign, but your moon sign and your ascendant. These relate to your emotional need and relationship with your mother.